Wednesday, July 13, 2011

yesterday or tomorrow is the day before full moon

qal chaudvi ki raat thi [will be?]

All night long there were altercations
some said it was the moon before midnight
some yelled it was your face behind clouds
Loud and clear arguments poured forth from breezy brethren

i was there too and the jokers asked
[me too] [who] kept queit, and smiled
I did too: Wonder but not aloud. Thought
better you remain under cloud cover...

who do we meet in this town? I mean, I
we [I] gave up mehfils and meetings
every brother talks of you and is crazy about you
and i cannot argue with blokes with an aesthetic eye

specially when I am and you
are both high...
you up in the sky
and me with an uproarious eye

the whole crowd is talking of you
[yeah, you are the talk of the town]

we are faqirs of the high road; oh well, I am
stopped your way once or two and held your hand
in my dreams [yeah babe, those were the nightmares
you had; blame it on the guy who never made it home]

oh painless-one, wanna listen to a good line or two:
now listen up
your admirer, your disgrace, your own poet
and your wish [am I]

Let us say I leave your frontyard and become a yogi
so what; the jungle is yours, lord
and the mount is yours; the downtown is all yours
so is the hinterland: call it the boondocks?

No comments:

Post a Comment